There is a sheer endless abundance of toners, serums, boosters and balms that are supposed to make your skin glow in an instant.
While having these options is amazing, things can get a bit confusing when walking down the beauty aisle. Therefore, picking the right kind of products is crucial. Should you use a serum or a toner? Is a Vitamin C serum better than a moisturiser with retinol? What is a booster exactly good for? Not that easy, is it? But don't worry - we'll shed some light on this pretty complex topic for you!
Why skincare is so important
Some people believe that taking care of your skin is only related to vanity. Well, this couldn't be further from the truth, as our skin is the largest organ we possess and therefore quite important. Also, it is what protects our bodies and shields us from the often damaging influences of the outside world. Just like eating healthy and working out, good skincare should be a natural part of a healthy, self-loving lifestyle. And the better you feel, the more confident and radiant you will appear - so it's a win-win!
When thinking about skincare, you should also consider the fact that skin is constantly changing. Often referred to as "the mirror of the soul", your skin will reflect:
- current lifestyle choices
- sleeping habits
- emotional state
These are just a few of the many factors that can have an influence on the skin. The good news is that boosters, serums, toners and balms can help you maintain your skin in optimal condition by protecting it from oxidative stress and damaging environmental influences.
Nourishing skincare with a hemp serum
Face serums are some of the most popular cosmetic products, as they provide nourishing care and can be applied easily. They can either be used directly after cleansing and toning, or can be added to your favourite moisturising product.
While moisturisers also contain many active ingredients, a serum has a lower molecular weight than, for example, a face cream and can therefore reach the deeper layers of your skin more effectively. Once there, the nourishing skincare product unfolds its full potential, leaving your skin supple and toned.
Oil serums, such as hemp serums, are full of antioxidants as well as essential fatty acids. Using a few drops of a nourishing serum on your face can help boost the effects of your other skincare products.
Toner with hemp seed oil: the perfect moisturisation
More and more women, and men, are making toners a part of their daily skin routine. Therefore, the big question is "What does a toner do?"
Toners are actually more important than they often get credit for. They complete the cleansing process, are very hydrating, and can close your skin's pores. Toners also restore your skin's PH balance and prepare your complexion for whatever other products you choose to use.
Of course, not all skin toners are created equally. Those containing hemp oil, for example, are packed with vitamins, minerals and nourishing alpha-linolenic acid. Often paired with moisturising Aloe Vera, they will leave you with a radiant complexion that will last throughout the day.
Using a toner is quite easy: just apply it to your freshly cleansed face and follow it up with a serum, a cream, or a nurturing face oil of your choice.
Glow up with a beauty booster
Sometimes, all you need is a glow up to make your complexion look like you’ve just come home from a relaxing vacation.. The perfect solution without actually having to leave the country is to use Beauty Boosters!
Skin Boosters are more of a beauty add-on than a necessary part of your daily skincare routine. These little helpers pamper your skin with an extra boost of vitamins, antioxidants and moisture, making it look and feel amazing. Boosters are also very easy to apply - just mix a few drops of your favourite skin booster with a moisturiser, cream or face oil of your choice - and you're good to go!
By the way, there is another reason to get your hands on a Beauty Booster: Skinimalism! Similar to the nude look, this trend is all about looking almost makeup-free, but still getting the ultimate glow effect. Skinimalism is also ideal for toning down a foundation that's too covering and heavy.
So how does this mysterious beauty trend work? To achieve this almost nude but glowy look, you just need to apply your regular foundation to your face. After that, you simply add a few drops of skin booster to your cheeks, the bridge of your nose and any other part of the face you would like to highlight. And voíla - done!
Our multi-talented CBD balm for all your skin's needs
Sometimes, our skin needs a little bit of extra attention. Especially the skin on our elbows, feet and knees, as it can be prone to becoming very dry, and can even become itchy.
While a regular body lotion will mostly not be enough to fix this, a nourishing skin balm can be the perfect solution. Our creamy CBD balm does not only pamper your skin from the inside out, but also boasts anti-ageing properties which will leave your skin smooth and supple in no time. The nourishing balm helps protect your skin from inflamm-ageing and moisture loss. It is quickly absorbed and makes your skin feel silky smooth to the touch - without leaving any oily residue.
Being the multi-talented product that it is, our versatile CBD balm also makes a great facial cleanser. To use the product as a cleansing balm, simply apply a pea-sized amount to your dry face and then remove it with a washcloth, making circular movements in the process. Rinse, and enjoy a thoroughly cleansed and perfectly nurtured complexion!
CBD & hemp teaming up with these special ingredients
While CBD & hemp are key elements, and play a major role in the development of our products, we should not forget the additional ingredients that make our cosmetics as effective as they are:
- Squalane: Never heard of this interesting sounding, natural moisture booster before? Now you have! Squalane is mainly extracted from olives or sugar cane and is also found in our skin. Apart from moisturising the skin, it also protects your complexion from external influences.
- Sesame oil: With its high content in Vitamin E, and antioxidants, sesame oil is a great skin protector. The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory oil will nourish and balance your complexion.
- Peppermint oil: In cosmetic products, peppermint oil is commonly used for its toning and brightening effect. It is also full of antioxidants and can protect the skin from free radicals.
- Bakuchiol: Often labelled "the new Retinol '', plant-based Bakuchiol has been used for a long time in the Ayurvedic tradition. It is known to be a very potent anti-ageing agent, smoothing fine lines and boosting the skin's collagen production.
- Ylang-ylang: The beautifully sounding, fragrant Ylang-ylang possesses anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It tones and moisturises the skin and leaves it soft to the touch.
- Almond & sweet almond oil: Sweet almond oil contains a plethora of moisturising agents and is rich in fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin E and Vitamin K. Almond oil also contains many minerals and omega fatty acids, which will nourish and hydrate the skin.
- Schisandra: A herb that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for thousands of years, is known for its anti-ageing properties and its ability to make your skin super soft.
- Lemongrass oil: This oil is known to refresh the skin and help fight acne and blackheads. It also has an antifungal effect and can naturally balance out oily skin.
- Aloe Vera: One of the most popular plants in the beauty industry - and rightfully so. The plant does not only provide and seal in moisture but also has a calming and cooling effect.
Why we believe in the power of nature
We believe in the power of natural ingredients. As your skin does not exist independently, but as a part of your whole organism, every product and ingredient you put on your skin becomes a part of your body's system. Therefore, opting for natural ingredients that are in tune with your body while at the same time being highly effective, is an ideal choice for everyone who realises beauty is not only skin-deep. Whether you use our toner, booster serum or balm - we exclusively use natural ingredients to make your skin glow!
HERBLIZ - ecologically produced CBD & hemp skincare products
At HERBLIZ, we do not only produce natural skincare products - but we also understand that it is our responsibility to take care of nature itself and do our part. Following our high ecological standards, we, therefore, source our ingredients from sustainable agriculture and focus on eco-friendly and resource-saving production. We also implement bio-packaging (with rice chips as a puffer) for all of our products.